Virtual Self-Care Health Fair
Saturday, February 6
11 am - 3 pm
This virtual event, presented by McKinley Caregiver Resource Center, is an opportunity for community members to learn how to live healthier and keep their self-care a priority. This is a Live Facebook event so people can join at anytime between 11 am and 3 pm. To find out more and register,
10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s and Planning the Conversation – Thursday, February 18 11:30 am - 1 pm
This webinar, presented by Kim Franklin of the Alzheimer’s Association, Georgia Chapter, will prepare participants to identify the 10 warning signs of Alzheimer's disease and learn how to address their concerns with loved ones if signs are present.
Attendees will be given a chance to win a $50 gift card.
to register today for this informative webinar!
How to Plan for Care as You Age
Tuesday, February 23
12 noon - 1 pm
Join experts from Wilson Legal and Berkshire Hathaway Home Services as they hold a Zoom webinar to answer questions and provide solutions including:
4 Ways to Pay for Care AT HOME or IN A FACILITY (including the Medicaid Monster in your closet)
Are You Ready to Downsize?
How Can I Safely Age In Place?
How to Protect my Loved One (or Myself) from Caregiver Crooks
Hosted by Vineyard Assisted Living and Memory Care in Johns Creek, VA Benefits and Planning will also be covered. Attendees will be entered to win a $50 gift card!
Fall Prevention and Aging – Wednesday, March 10
11 am -12 noon
Did you know that falls are the leading cause of injury and death in older Americans, and that falls are not a normal part of
the aging process.
If you are a caregiver or an older adult, grab a cup of coffee and join us for this educational event.
Attendees will be entered to win a $50 gift card! Make sure to reserve your spot and
to register today!
Product of the Week
EZ-Step Stair Climbing Cane
It’s a fact that the US population is living longer and therefore may be in need of Aids to Daily Living. A large portion of these aids are related to mobility and therefore may be helpful due to arthritis, accident or illness. Total Joint Replacement (TJR) is becoming one of the most commonly performed elective surgeries. This includes total hip replacement (THR) and total knee replacement (TKR). One such mobility aid is the portable EZ-Step Stair Climbing Cane, made by EZ-Step Mobility. For close to 20 years, the EZ-Step has been assisting those individuals with ambulatory or mobility issues, climb stairs, curbs and sidewalks. It’s also great for getting in and out of automobiles, travel trailers and motorhomes with large steps.
A University Study concluded that using the EZ-Step Stair Climbing Cane reduces both the Range of Motion (ROM) and Joint Force Impact required when ascending and descending stairs. Since falling is the number one injury to seniors, the lightweight (2 lbs.) design of the EZ-Step Stair Climbing Cane may help prevent such an accident.
Unique Solutions for Unique Times
Caregiver.buzz is always looking for innovative ways to improve the lives of caregivers and those they are caring for. During the holidays it’s especially depressing for those who are confined and unable to be with their families because of the current pandemic. In our research we came across a system that could help families with relatives in senior communities spend time together.
Viral Sign is a short three-second infra-red thermal scan that produces a comprehensive signature of the face to determine if an individual has symptomatic or even pre-symptomatic effects of any influenza like illness such as COVID 19. Preliminary data indicates that it’s 15 times more effective than testing for symptomatic issues such as temperature. Data has shown that 70% of the individuals flagged later test positive for COVID 19, and the other 30% had influenza like illnesses.
Look for institutions such as senior communities, memory care communities or assisted living communities that utilize this technology so you can be with your loved ones during the holidays season.
& Improve Sleep
Click here to learn more
about this blanket.
For a 15% discount on their product, at checkout,
enter the code: caregiver15